Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quincy and Taylor



I'm no artist, but I found these in a sketchbook from a couple of years ago. They're drawings of Quincy Herman Smith and Taylor Venchak. Quincy is gay and one of Phyllis's best friends in the house, and Taylor is Phyllis's best friend, whom she meets just before starting high school. They're not like, good drawings, they're pretty cartoon-y, but they might give you an idea of what's in my head when I'm writing them. Except, apparently Taylor has no skin? I'm thinking I just didn't have time to color her in. Trust me, in my mind she looks a lot different...and has skin.

As far as features go, though, Quincy's pretty spot on. I always picture him in red and gold for some reason, and he has just enough thick, dark hair for a little ponytail. His facial hair might be a bit neater than it is in this drawing, though.
Oh, and both of his eyes are probably the same size...facial features are more proportional...etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment