Friday, January 15, 2010

Follow Up

I told my mom, the librarian, about the reviews of Shiver and about the more and more frequent appearances of weak female characters. As per usual, the woman made a very good point, saying that she didn't consider them weak characters. Why?
She said she couldn't think of a young girl who can take care of herself, and pretty much everyone around her, as weak. Also, she said, in both cases (Grace and Bella) it was a girl who was used to taking care of everyone else finally finding someone who cared for and wanted to take care of her.

Like I said, good point. I can understand that. I like that my mother and inbedwithbooks have looked at these characters from a sort of psychological perspective and explained them to me. It's fun to talk about characters in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment